Mittwoch, 24. November 2010

It's only one month to Christmas and I am dreading having to face the build-up to it, the romantic atmosphere, the day itself. Part of me tries to foolishly convince myself that it's just another painful day without him. Yet Christmas was always a special family time for me and when Lennon came into our lives, the magic - somehow lost when you are an adult - also returned to Christmas. We finally could make up stories of Santa Claus, even though Lennon wasn't a fan of him at all. In fact he was petrified whenever he spotted a man with a beard, ever since coming face to face with Santa at nursery.

This time last year Lennon, Bessie, Jeremy and I were baking Christmas cookies, decorating the house with angels and reindeer and admiring the Christmas lights all around Edinburgh. This year I look outside the window and see the first snowflakes slowly falling and I just want to run out there into the cold and scream for someone to turn back the time. I don't want time to move on without my son. It feels so unfair that we wont be able to see his wish list grow from a Bob the Builder crane, to a bicycle, to a Nintendo. That's what kids are supposed to do, why can't our son?

Last year his eyes lit up when he opened his presents - a white matchbox Porsche car, a police helmet, a scooter. I already had plans of what we would get him this year and imagined his smile when he would unwrap it. It may be irrational, silly and even desperate, but I will still put a present for him underneath the tree. But my heart is aching already to imagine that his present will remain wrapped.

1 Kommentar:

  1. beauty, i know is very very difficult be happy after that. but dont torture you thinking how happy you could be if he...if he was here...because he is not.

    Crhistmas is gonna be hard, so feel the shelter in the love of yours there and the ones who loves you and your family although being here, thousand kilometres far away

    hope you have proper days feeling good and happy and being the best mother ever. because, nadja, you really are

    so give bessye, jeremy, yours, and most important yourself all your best to have a nice holidays...

    my heart brokes each time i read your updates...I feel tremendously sad
    lots of love
    Mariña

    AntwortenLöschen